Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012 Predictions!

Time for a little in the 2011 stuff to think about the future! I usually like to make some guesses about what I'm going to think about the year to come, so I guess I should start before any big games actually come out this year. First off, I've made a list of the games I think I might enjoy the most by the end of the year. We all know how that turned out last time, but why not give it another shot?

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Bioshock Infinite
3. Far Cry 3
4. Tomb Raider
5. Metal Gear Rising
6. The Witcher 2
7. Borderlands 2


......and those are the ones I have the most faith in.
Mass Effect 3 and  Bioshock Infinite are way above everything in else my mind right now.

Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider both look pretty great. I loved Far Cry 2 and this one looks like it's doing some interesting things, hopefully they'll work out for it.
Tomb Raider just looks like something we just don't get enough of. I really hope it's as good as it looks like it could be.

I'm a huge fan of Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish, and to a lesser extent, Madworld) and Metal Gear is one of the best franchises ever created by human beings. I'm not sure how much of Metal Gear will actually be in the game, but I'm looking forward to it more because of how insane Platinum gets with action games. They know what they're doing.

Yes, I realize the Witcher 2 came out last year, but I'm waiting for the 360 version, so HA!

I really liked Borderlands, but I think there were a lot of things that could have been done differently to make it a better game. Hopefully they learned some things, and this one will be even better than the first.

Now I'm just going to throw out some names and talk about them as I see fit. These are games that either I'm not entirely sure about yet, or that I've heard a lot about but just haven't payed a ton of attention to them myself.

Ninja Gaiden 3
Prey 2
Diablo 3
Paper Mario 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 2
Metro Last Light
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
Darksiders 2
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Overstrike
Syndicate
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Dishonored
The Witness

This year has a lot more unknowns for me than a lot of the years before. I'm really excited to be surprised by a lot of these, and possibly disappointed by plenty as well. 2011 was a fantastic year for games, and I really hope 2012 can come close.
We. Will. See.
                                                                                             -Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment